Harald Helfgott and I are teaching Galois Theory in Teaching Block 1, starting October 2009. Information about (my part of) the course will appear below.
- Course page: A description of the course, as it appeared in the handbook, can be found here
- Timetable: Lectures are at 9am on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, starting Monday 5th October. The venue will be Portacabin Room 1. Great!
- Notes: Click here for notes covering the first nine sections (up to Normal Extensions).
- Information about assessment: Exercise Sheets 1, 2, and 3 are available. I am not going to write up solutions unless I get a specific request (everything will be covered in the exercise class). Exam information will appear here in due course.
- Texts: I recommend you refer to the book by Ian Stewart, or the one by D.J. Garling. For Stewart’s book (editions 2 and 3), you can find errata, and other supplementary material, here.