Expressions of interest are now open for the UNSW Scientia PhD Scholarship Scheme which provides individualised support and a generous funding package for career development. We are looking for candidates for a project on Long-Term Care Insurance and Services in China. Applications close 12 July
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: This project studies the development of long-term care insurance and services in China. The project will make three contributions:
- We will document different models of long-term care service provision, funding and governing structure that have emerged in China.
- We will analyse the costs associated with different long-term care arrangements.
- We will analyse the scalability of different long-term care models to the level needed given China’s rapid population ageing. The project will be supervised by an interdisciplinary team of top researchers in the field.
IDEAL CANDIDATE: We are looking for several candidates who are fluent in Mandarin and have one or more of the following skills:
- a degree in Economics, Actuarial Studies, Social Policy or a related discipline
- very good statistical, actuarial or econometric skills
- interested in Chinese social policies
- interested in fieldwork in China
- Dr Katja Hanewald, School of Risk & Actuarial Studies, UNSW Sydney
- Associate Profesor Bingqin Li, Social Policy Research Centre, UNSW Sydney
- Professor Hazel Bateman, School of Risk & Actuarial Studies, UNSW Sydney